Can you image having a fall that changes your life?
This can happen to anyone. After surgery, there can be a great deal of pain, swelling, & sensory issues. Seeking therapy is imperative to regaining normal function. Follow your therapist home excerise plan is equally important.
If you are planning surgery in the near future, call and setup your after surgery therapy with us. We will be here every step of the way. 817-473-1311
Destination Life; “We Change Lives”
If you suffer from arthritis, do you know which type you have and how these two types vary?
Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) or Osteoarthritis Arthritis (OA)
Let’s gets some basics out of the way. I’m sure you are well aware that arthritis affects the joints. If you know someone who has arthritis you may have heard:
- “Bones grinding onto each other”
- “I can tell by my joints, it’s going to rain”
- “Old Arth got me”
Here are some common facts:
- RA is caused from an autoimmune disorder & OA is a result of wear and tear to the joints over time.
- RA is systematic, meaning it affects your whole body, where as OA is localized to a particular or certain joint; oftentimes, found in weight bearing bones such as your spine, hips, and knees.
Both can lead to a debilitating life style
What are your Treatment Options? 🤔
- Correct Diagnosis is key; don’t guess at this, knowledge is power.
- Stretching is a good way to battle the stiffness. Don’t stretch cold joints. A lite warm up is best before stretching such as walking.
- My Favorite: Yes 👍Therapy! Occupational Therapy is great for address Upper Limb and Spinal Arthritis. If old Arth is calling below, Occupational Therapy & Physical Therapy will do the trick.
- Antiflammatory Pill (check with your PCP)
Let’s be clear🤓
Each type brings its own bags of symptoms such as edema, joint deformities, inflammation and pain. Therapy is a great option as preventative care to decrease chances of debility.
Your 🍎 for the day: Find an occupational or physical therapist nearest you. Help is available.
-ZCarr OTR/L, MOT, CST