What is frozen shoulder? Stiffness & tighteness of the shoulder joint.
How does Frozen shoulder occur? Often, when someone injures their shoulder, they limit movements to avoid pain. In the act of protecting and preventing pain, the joint begins to tighten thus causing frozen shoulder.
What are some ways to prevent/address frozen shoulder?
- With any injury, you need to be evaluated to assess level of damage.
- Pain is a sure indication that something is wrong. Pay attention so you can properly describe the pain in detail to your therapist.
- Seek therapy immediately. Treatment early on is key.
What are some exercises you can do at home for frozen shoulder?
I am providing a chart of exercises that address frozen shoulder; however, let me add that frozen shoulder is not a simple condition to recover from. If you do not perform these excercises properly, you can cause further damage to your joint. My advice: seek out a therapist❗️
🍎 Seek help to optimize your quality of life; live healthy my friends😊
– ZCarr, OTR/L, MOT, CST | 817.473.1312 | http://www.mydestinationlife.com
It is said that half the marriage will end in divorce. What a staggering statistic?
What is marriage? Some may say that marriage is a spiritual commitment. Others may say, it was the next step in a relationship. There are some who may say, I couldn’t image my life with this individual.
All choices are personal, but still leave the question as to, why divorce rates continue to rise? How many of you ever thought about the possibility of divorce? If you are married, I am sure the thought has surfaced. What made you stay the course?
What makes some throw in the towel on their marriages? Why do some chose to fight or flee their marital commitments?
• Lack ofAppreciation
• Unrealistic Expectation
Let’s be clear about this list and reasons that may not be on the list. There is an old saying, “There is always thunder before the storm”. Meaning, warning signs will reveal a person’s true nature. If you sit and think, what were or are some warning signs did you miss?
Abuse-hitting walls, disrespecting parents/ authority, difficult controlling temper.
Lack of Appreciation– Difficultly with making time for things that are important, constantly focusing on the negative than positive, or never expressing appreciation for kind gestures.
Unrealistic Expectation– thinking that marriage will change a person’s behavior, thinking kids will make the person want the commitment to you more, thinking you can save them from their situation, or thinking you will be the one to change them.
- Communication- never go to bed angry, you have to discuss things; the good and bad
- You will never change who the person is. The person you married, is the person you will spend your life with.
- You both will give more than you feel you will ever receive in return.
- Understand what you refuse to do someone else will, keep each other happy.
- Put God First!
- Pray Together!
- What you put into your marriage is what you will get out of it.
My 🍎 A Day Keeps The Attorneys Away❗️ You have to think before you leap into marriage & divorce and fight for what you want. No not a brawl, but ride the waves of the hard times. Being with any person will not be easy, but worth it. Ride The Wave.
If you suffer from arthritis, do you know which type you have and how these two types vary?
Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) or Osteoarthritis Arthritis (OA)
Let’s gets some basics out of the way. I’m sure you are well aware that arthritis affects the joints. If you know someone who has arthritis you may have heard:
- “Bones grinding onto each other”
- “I can tell by my joints, it’s going to rain”
- “Old Arth got me”
Here are some common facts:
- RA is caused from an autoimmune disorder & OA is a result of wear and tear to the joints over time.
- RA is systematic, meaning it affects your whole body, where as OA is localized to a particular or certain joint; oftentimes, found in weight bearing bones such as your spine, hips, and knees.
Both can lead to a debilitating life style
What are your Treatment Options? 🤔
- Correct Diagnosis is key; don’t guess at this, knowledge is power.
- Stretching is a good way to battle the stiffness. Don’t stretch cold joints. A lite warm up is best before stretching such as walking.
- My Favorite: Yes 👍Therapy! Occupational Therapy is great for address Upper Limb and Spinal Arthritis. If old Arth is calling below, Occupational Therapy & Physical Therapy will do the trick.
- Antiflammatory Pill (check with your PCP)
Let’s be clear🤓
Each type brings its own bags of symptoms such as edema, joint deformities, inflammation and pain. Therapy is a great option as preventative care to decrease chances of debility.
Your 🍎 for the day: Find an occupational or physical therapist nearest you. Help is available.
-ZCarr OTR/L, MOT, CST